A Comprehensive Guide Looking for the best knives under 150? You’ve come to the right place. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll go over the best knives in various categories that come in under $150.
We have reviewed nearly all of the EDC knives made in the United States by some of the most famous American knife manufacturers.
In the field of high-quality EDC knives in the $150 range, my selected knives are always at the top of the market.
In addition, I am happy to inform you that each of the knives I have recommended here provides excellent user experiences.
Among the best pocket knives under $150, which are the best?
- Para 3 Folding Knife by Spyderco
- An EDC knife that can be opened manually by Benchmade: Bugout 535
- Knife 0350TS by Zero Tolerance
- The Recon 1 Series Tactical Knife Made of Cold Steel
- Assisted Opening EDC Knife Made by Kershaw Split Dividend SpeedSafe
Top List Reviews of the Best Knives Under 150
1. Folding pocket knife with utility blade manufactured by Spyderco
The Para 3 takes all the proven features and benefits of Spyderco’s best-selling Para Military2 and distills them into an even more compact all-purpose cutting tool. Its three-inch blade is precision machined from steel and features a full-flat grind for a superior balance of strength, point utility, and low-friction cutting performance.Check Price on Amazon
There are several features of the Para 3 knife that make it an excellent EDC knife when compared to other folders. Knife dimensions are 7.24 inches in length, 4.29 inches when closed, and 3.45 ounces in weight.
A 3.18mm thick, 2.95 inches long, razor-sharp blade is produced from high-quality CPM stainless steel S30V and is finished with a durable satin finish. The CPM S30V steel is well known for its resistance to corrosion and rust as well as the ability to hold sharp edges for long periods of time.
The clip point blade is particularly piercing due to its hardness. In addition to leather and hard plastic, this blade can even cut through thin metal boxes.
A G-10 handle over stainless steel liners is crafted with textured surfaces. Having an open-backed design minimizes the thickness of the handle while providing essential support for the lock.
A textured pattern and finger grooves on the ergonomic handle ensure that it provides a firm grip. The handle contains a textured index-finger cuff and thumb ramp that provide an aggressive grip feeling. The handle is well-grip-able so that you can maintain good control when cutting precisely.
A compression lock is used to secure the knife. There is no blade play while using this lock as its design is secure and robust. There is neither a spring mechanism nor a ball bearing in the lock – the result is a knife that is almost maintenance-free.
The knife weighs only 3.45 ounces, making it an ideal EDC accessory for individuals who prefer lightweight EDC knives. The knife has a 4-position pocket clip that offers added convenience, regardless of whether the user is holding the knife horizontally or vertically.
I do not believe you will be disappointed with this knife, whether you are using it for survival, a hunting expedition, or hiking in remote locations. A lifetime warranty is provided by the manufacturer of this rugged multitasking knife.
- A blade made of stainless steel CPM S30V of the highest quality
- from the moment it is opened
- opened, with a polished surface ensuring durability and scratch resistance
- Easily opened, with a polished surface ensuring durability and scratch resistance
- A textured G-10 handle and finger grooves ensure a comfortable grip
- Solid compression locks ensure complete security while using and caring for the tool
- This product is made in the United States
- This lightweight folding knife is very portable as well as ultra-compact
- The handle is available in a variety of colors and the blade is available in different steels, serrations, and edge styles
- A pocket clip that is not designed for deep carrying
2. Knife – Benchmade – Bugout 535 EDC Manual Open Knife
The Bugout was designed for the modern outdoor adventurer, incorporating the lightest, best performing materials in an extremely slim yet ergonomic package.Check Price on Amazon
Benchmade’s famous EDC knife is the Bugout 535, made entirely in the United States from high-quality parts. The Bugout 535 is an all-purpose knife that can be used for hiking, camping, backpacking, survival kits or tackle boxes. It measures 7.46 inches at its full length, 4.22 inches at its folded length, and weighs only 1.85 ounces (52.45 grams).
Benchmade’s famous CPM-S30V steel (58-60 HRC) is used in the knife’s blade, which is approximately 0.90 inches thick and 3.24 inches long. Due to the blade’s high-quality alloy, it retains its sharpness for an extended period of time.
As the knife is stain and corrosion-resistant, the maintenance of the knife is significantly reduced. The knife is thus suitable for outdoor use.
With its razor-sharp blade and aggressive grind, the blade is capable of chopping ropes, fibrous materials, plastic, and hard objects with excellent control.
Glass-Filled Nylon (GFN) is used as the scales, and stainless steel is used as the liner. You will have a non-slip grip in all conditions due to the diamond-pattern texture on the handle.
Knife blades can easily be released by sliding a thumb stud on the side or shaking your wrist. Axis locking mechanism provides additional safety with its ambidextrous design that prevents blade play after opening and gives you a feeling of security.
A reversible pocket clip enables the knife to be easily carried. Moreover, you will be pleased to know that the same model can also be purchased in several different colors and in a partially serrated pocket knife design.
- A highly effective pocket knife that can be used for almost any type of activity on a daily basis
- with a premium quality blade made from CPM-S30V steel
- The blade is very sharp out of the box, and it remains sharp for a long time
- Easy-to-open and easy-to-close axis locking mechanism
- with ergonomic textured grip that is more robust, lighter, and comfortable
- comfortable; lanyard hole and reversible pocket clip for flexibility in carrying;
- A limited lifetime warranty and LifeSharp service are provided with this knife
- manufactured by Benchmade in the United States
- The product should not be used for heavy work
- since it requires frequent resharpening
- Folding knife with manual opening, no assisted opening mechanism
3. A Zero Tolerance Pocket Knife no. 0350TS
ZT knives boast impeccable strength, security, convenience and efficiency in the field and at home. Zero Tolerance offers top-of-the-line quality and high performance ability in every knife, from large outdoor blades to slim everyday carrying knives.Check Price on Amazon
One of the most popular knife models in the market is the Zero Tolerance Tiger Striped 0350, manufactured by one of America’s premier knife brands. This knife measures 7.75 inches overall, 4.625 inches when folded, and weighs 6.2 ounces.
Tiger-Stripe Tungsten coating is applied to the top of the 3.25-inch long blade, which is made from premium quality S30V stainless steel (57-59 HRC). The wear and corrosion resistance of S30V steel blades is substantially higher than that of other blades. It is also possible to sharpen the blade in a short period of time, and the edge will not dull easily even after continuous use.
A laminate composite G-10 scale is used for the ergonomic handle, along with stainless steel liners. Despite its durability, the G-10 handle is very light, and it is resistant to temperature changes.
Its handle has an attractive texture-like check pattern and approximately an inch of thumb jumping, as well as a curved design with a deep finger choil – all of these features will give you a great pinch grip even if your hands get wet or perspire at work.
What is important about this knife is the ambidextrous SpeedSafe assisted opening system that allows you to quickly deploy the blade with any of your hands.
On top of that, the flipper or thumb studs enable the user to easily open the blade while wearing any tactical gloves.
It is equipped with a liner locking mechanism that ensures safety when the knife is open. In terms of security and strength, the system is extremely secure and robust; no blade play is possible during operation.
This knife features a quad mount carrying clip, which makes it convenient for transportation with either hand and in either tip-down or tip-up positions.
- Heavy-duty blade made of high-quality stainless steel S30V
- covered with a non-reflective camouflage pattern
- The handle is made of sturdy and thick G-10 so it is comfortable to hold no matter how you hold it
- and the blade comes out very quickly as a result of the SpeedSafe mechanism
- The knife is easy to open and close
- thanks to its durable stainless steel liner lock
- lock; it has a 4-position pocket clip and lanyard hole for multiple carrying options
- The Tiger Stripe 0350 by ZT is proudly made in the United States
- and is covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty
- An EDC knife that is a bit bulky (6.2 ounces) but of high quality
4. A tactical folding knife by Cold Steel from their Rec on 1 Series
A popular knife with Military and Law Enforcement Personnel, Fire and Rescue crews as well as civilians who appreciate a hardworking, dependable tool for any occasion.Check Price on Amazon
Cold Steel is widely recognized as a leader in the knife manufacturing industry. The 4′′ straight-edge blade makes it one of the best budget tactical knives on the market. The blade is made of CPM-S35VN steel, which has a hardness of 60 to 62.
What makes the alloy so desirable is that it has been precisely vacuum heated and sub-zero quenched. These processes make the blade more durable and sharp, as well as ensuring that the edge remains sharp for an extended period of time.
In order to prepare it for the tactical mission, the blade has been treated with a black DLC finish that offers the blade three excellent tactical advantages.
Firstly, it prevents rust from developing on the blade.
Secondly, the coating’s stealthiness eliminates any illumination or reflection of light.
Furthermore, the DLC finish turns the blade super lubricant, allowing it to glide through the taught element effortlessly without creating friction.
With its G-10 laminate scales, the Recon 1 offers a firm, non-slip superior grip that is scalloped and artfully contoured for an optimal grip. The knife is anchored to the blade with spacers made of 6061 heat-treated aluminum and assembled using the latest and most durable mechanical fasteners.
Additionally, Cold Steel has incorporated a revolutionary Tri-Ad locking mechanism into this 9.38″ tactical folder, which effectively minimizes the risk of lock failure.
In addition, Cold Steel knives utilize a thumb disc for easy opening and have a reversible tip-up pocket clip for convenient carry.
Cold Steel, one of the most reputable pocket knife brands, offers a limited lifetime warranty on this knife.
- A very high-quality blade made of CPM-S35VN steel is an excellent value for its price
- This spearpoint blade measures 3.5mm (0.13 inches) thick, which makes it very agile and suitable for extreme uses
- The handle scales are made of sturdy textured black G-10
- material with an ergonomically curved grip and deep finger grooves for enhanced grip
- A Tri-Ad locking mechanism provides a secure and strong locking mechanism
- and is easy to open and close with one hand
- while equipped with an ambidextrous pocket clip
- The lifetime guarantee is included in the purchase of this knife
- The total weight of the product is 5.3 ounces, which is somewhat heavy
5. The Kershaw Dividend SpeedSafe knife with Assisted Opening is an excellent everyday carry option
The USA-made Dividend’s Composite Blade Technology permanently joins two steels in one blade; hard, corrosion-resistant N690 on the blade upper and tough, wear-resistant D2 on the cutting edge.Check Price on Amazon
Kershaw Dividend is a 7.25″ EDC knife with a number of excellent features. The blade of this pocket knife measures 3 inches in length and is made of a composite steel – non-staining N690 steel is used on upper parts of the blade and CPM-D2 steel is utilized on the front of the blade for an ultra-sharp cutting edge.
The blade has been stonewashed to give it a matte appearance and remarkable corrosion resistance. With its straight edge and Wharncliffe design, the drop point blade of this knife provides a sleek appearance.
Aluminum 6061-T6 is used for the ergonomic handle of the folding knife, which is very strong and provides the knife with a great deal of strength. It feels great in my hand because it is anodized, olive green in color.
The knife is 4.25 inches in length when closed, and is equipped with the SpeedSafe assisted-opening system, which allows for one-handed deployment of the blade by simply pulling back on the ambidextrous flipper.
Dividend has an incredibly sturdy locking system that is unique to the industry. The blade did not play in any direction when the blade was in use and was fully centered when folded.
Lightweight and compact, this 2.8 oz pocket knife comes equipped with a deep-carry pocket clip that is adjustable so that it can be held either right- or left-handed.
In addition to being a product of Tualatin, Oregon, USA, Kershaw Dividend has a full warranty against any material or workmanship defects.
- An EDC knife made in the United States that is lightweight and suitable for everyday use
- The blade of the D2 composite steel is manufactured using the latest technology
- for a razor-sharp cutting edge straight out of the box
- the edge is retained for a considerable period of time
- Metal handles are lightweight and durable
- the handle is curved for a very comfortable and secure grip
- It features a reliable lining lock mechanism
- that enables easy, quick, and safe opening by one hand
- A convenient four-position pocket clip permits easy transportation
- This is only an EDC for light duty applications
Read Also: 5 Best Cheap Bushcraft Knives
Question and Answers about the Best Knives Under $150
Could I carry a pocket knife on a regular basis?
Answer: Yes, we should all purchase an EDC knife of high quality. Our pocket knives are used nearly every day for many purposes, including opening letters, cutting hard packaging, cutting ropes, and using them as tools.
Also, it can be utilized as a rescue tool for a variety of emergencies, such as cutting seatbelts, breaking automobile glass, etc. However, a tactical EDC knife of good quality would be best suited for multipurpose use.
In addition, a folding knife can serve as an effective self-defense tool against snatchers or attackers if you carry it with you on a daily basis.
Would you be able to review EDC knives priced at $150 or less on this blog?
Certainly, I have reviewed several EDC pocket knives that cost less than $150 or more.